“I love the Middle East, you know, I would tell them about the fact that I support Palestinian rights…that I lived in Damascus, that I was teaching Iraqi refugees.. and that all of us are anti-Imperialists, peace activists- the kind of people you would think Iran would applaud, not punish..”
“I’m interested in Iran! It’s a fascinating country with just an incredible history… I just don’t understand how something like this could have happened…”- Sarah Shourd, released Iranian prisoner
The following interview clearly shows that Sarah Shourd, the first freed hiker, still holds true to the progressive liberal mentality even after having been jailed for 410 days in an Iranian prison. Her ignorance is completely willful- just are all progressives. They wish the world would just conform to their fantasies where all Muslims are ‘good’ and ‘nice’ and where America is the big, bad ‘imperialist’ country. It amazes me. Some highlights from the video below:
1) Shourd was in Iraq , working with refugees (helping Muslims come to America to get (I’m sure, a ‘free’) education), when her capture took place. When asked why an obviously intelligent woman who understood the region would hike so close to the border, she states that she was in ‘safe’ location within Iraq and thought the Iranian border was miles away. My belief is that her faith in Muslim politics and the goodness of Iranian leadership are what led her to feel so complacent about her proximity to the border. This faith remains intact today.
2) Shourd can not understand why Mr. Ahmadinejad‘s (note how her face actually lights up while she talks about Ahmadinejad) promise to ‘pass along his recommendation to the Judiciary for ‘leniency’ and ‘expediency’ for her friends’ didn’t seem to work. She. Just. Couldn’t. Understand it! But she was most assured that he did try and he did pass it along.
3) Shourd says that the reason she never spoke about her friend’s head being bashed against a prison wall until it was bloody was because she was a peace activist and didn’t want this activity to ‘add animosity’ between Iran/ U.S. relations. In other words, she was covering for the Iranian bastards who did this to her friends! She believes that 30 years of ‘not communicating’ between countries is what allowed her captivity to take place. (believe me, she blames the U.S. for this lack of communication even though it was the Iranians who stormed our Embassy, which led to us pulling out.)
4) Shourd thinks it was all just a ‘big misunderstanding’ and that she couldn’t see why this had become a political thing. She states, “We are all three of us Peace Activists! We want to understand the world better, and that’s why we went to the Middle East and fell in love with the region. And, so, our story shouldn’t in any way, be mixed up in politics now- it’s just about two innocent people in prison..”
5) Shourd would like to thank Oman and its Sultan for her rescue- not the United States or Switzerland. In fact, she has been critical of America for not doing enough. But, she says of the Sultan’s grand rescue (as if he did it all by himself), “It was an incredible experience to be released to such a beautiful and peaceful country!” Thank the Muslims (because they are so spiritual and nice), but not the Westerners.
Read this: “I, and my friends, are traitors to our country. We hate it and everything it stands for! We LOVE Muslims and Arabs more than we love our own culture! How could they treat us like that? Gosh. It must be that some kind of misunderstanding took place. Because our Muslim friends would never do that on purpose. They, unlike the American Imperialists, are so kind and moral! None of this was their fault. I don’t know whose fault it was, but…. I suspect…..” Sure. I’ll finish her sentence. “…..America must be to blame! Must be our imperialism and horrible suppression of kind Iranian folks that caused these people to hate Americans sooo much that they just couldn’t see that we were on their side! Yeah. That must be it!”
Sarah Shourd, I truly hope you really are suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome and that it has caused you to sympathise with your captures (like Patty Hearst). I hope you get over this. Because you are deeply deceiving yourself. Perhaps you are still terrified of your captures and fear to speak against them. But your friends are free now. You are free now. You live in the most wonderful country in the world. Freedom. I hope you really understand what you have here, in this nation. You need to calm down, say nothing more and think on this. You need to be honest and see what IS, not what you clearly WISH were so. Traitors are not accepted anywhere. They are simply used by the other side. You are doing a brilliant job for Ahmadinejad thus far. He owes you many thanks.