Why Romney Lost the Foreign Policy Debate
Well, my Friends, what can I say? Last night ‘s debate was a bonafide disaster. I mean this in three ways. First, Romney did a terrible job in terms of debate strategy. Second, he has left a grave doubt in people’s minds about his actual foreign policy beliefs. Third, he has hurt his chances of winning in November.
He gave up his time to Obama and even asked Obama questions during his time slot. This allowed Obama to wax poetic, thus wasting Romney’s precious minutes. Romney sat and looked like he was being ‘taught’ by Obama on foreign policy. Romney agreed with and even COMMENDED Obama on at least three foreign policy decisions. Lastly, Romney failed to hammer Obama on:
- The entire Benghazi nightmare
- The blatant divulging of intelligence after the bin Laden raid for the sake of political gain & a Hollywood movie
- About allowing Pakistan to imprison the doctor that helped us get bin Laden and then sending billions of dollars of aid.
- Allowing the Muslim Brotherhood to take over Egypt, Libya & Yemen.
- About the CIA director claiming that the Muslim Brotherhood was not a terrorist organization when their website clearly calls for the end of Israel & the United States
- About how Obama has been dining the Muslim Brotherhood at the White House
- About how Obama has deteriorated relations with Israel through a series of disrespectful snubs- also about returning to pre-1967 borders!
- About Obama’s incredible arrogance & rash statements that FOUR leaders (non of whom posed any threat to the U.S.A.) ‘had to go!’ which has resulted in a burning Middle East that endangers our oil supplies.
- About supporting the ‘Arab Spring’ which turned out to be nothing more than the complete take-over by Radical Islam in the Middle East which is 100% against U.S.A. interests
- About allowing the UN to dictate U.S. law- like Clinton working with the UN to ban weapons in the United States in direct violation of our Second Amendment rights.
- About allowing the UN to monitor our election process- as if they are an authority over our nation.
- About Obama insulting our traditional allies while pleasing our traditional enemies. We return a bust of Winston Churchill but get the endorsement of Castro, Chavez, Putin and Ahmadinejad.
- About leaking information to the press that we are ready to meet one on one with Iran and at the same time leaking information to the press that we might bring military action against them. All this while refusing to meet with Netanyahu in N.Y.!
- About ignoring Israel’s request to meet and instead going to Las Vegas to campaign & party.
The completely disastrous things Romney said were:
- That America needs to remove Assad from Syria
- America needs to ENSURE that the Muslim Arab states had good economies and protected the rights of women, minorities, etc.
- America needs to send financial aid to these nations.
- America needs to ensure that the People over there reject radical Islam
- That we need to look to Latin America for oil independence
All these things tell me that Romney has not learned a thing from Iraq and Afghanistan. Islam is not about equality- only Christianity is. Only Jesus proclaimed us equal under God. Islam does not believe this. They don’t want equality, nor do they want our style of democracy. They want dictatorships. Yes, that is the truth. The LAST THING they want is for everyone to vote on stuff! They simply want to replace the old dictator with a new dictator with whom they are friends or family.
But the absolutely worse part of the debate, to me, was that we must conclude one of two things: either Romney is clueless about foreign policy or he agrees with Obama about it. Either option is a disaster for the United States. Nothing can simply be viewed on a national level. It’s all intertwined. We need a president who can maneuver us cleverly through dangerous waters. But of the two options, I am hoping and praying that Romney is just clueless. At least he can learn and if his heart is truly patriotic, then we will be ok. The second option is something that will keep me up at night.
No matter how you cut it, though, the debate will go to Obama and Romney has sorely hurt his chances of winning. In the end, my Friends, we are in God’s hands. We can’t sweat it too much. It’s too big for us individually. We need to ensure that our individual hearts are right with God. We need to have moral actions even in immoral circumstances. It is on this that God will judge us all. So keep heart, my Friends. All is never lost. Let us see how this plays out over the next several weeks…